Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sewing Project- Fabric Book Cover for my Bible

So i'm slowly going down my "Craft-TO MAKE" list and completing all the crafts i've been wanting to make. Making a nice cover for my Bible was one of them and i've been really looking forward to using this lovely damask fabric! the red satin lining is leftover fabric from my bridesmaid's dresses (07-08-06:) I found a website that had a pretty simple tutorial, you can find it HERE . I did a few adjustments to the measurements and added about 3 inches total to the inside flaps (about 1.5inches to what the instructions asked for). Adding to the flaps created a nice spot for keeping my notes from falling out of my Bible! I have to admit that i screwed up the first time i sewed it, because i measured wrong and it turned out too small and i had to resew the whole cover from scratch! Safe to say i learned a lesson on this one and think next time around will take me only one time to make! Needless to say i am quite proud of this one! its so pretty!








No comments:

Post a Comment